We value the trust you place in us. That’s why we insist upon the highest standards for secure transactions and customer information privacy. Please read the following statement to learn about our information gathering and dissemination practices.
• We have tried to keep it as simple as possible. Your privacy matters to Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd., so whether you are new to Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd., or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices.
• Scope and Consent
• Global Privacy Standards
• Mobile Privacy
• Children’s Privacy
• Collection of Personal Information
• Information Sharing and Registration with Social Media Websites
• Use of Personal Information
• Our Disclosure of Your Information
• Information You Share on Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd.
• Using Information You Get from Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd.
• No Spam, Spyware, or Spoofing
• Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information
• How We Protect and Store Your Personal Information
• Third Parties
• Contact Us
scope & Consent
• The Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. website is a general audience website and its related sites, applications, services, and tools are not intended for children under the age of 18 years. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services or tools from users in this age group. Any transactions entered into by users in the above mentioned age group would be void as per the Indian Contract Act, 1872, thus Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. will not be liable for the breach of such transactions.
collection of personal information
• You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. If you register for an account with us, you give us your personal information and you are not anonymous to us. Wherever possible we indicate which fields are required as mandatory and which fields are optional. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in India or anywhere else in the world.
• Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs and to customize our Website to make your experience safer and easier. More importantly, while doing so we collect personal information from you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
• You always have the option not to provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature on the Website. We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behaviour on our Website. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users. This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
• We use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of the Website to help analyse our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness and promote trust and safety. We offer certain features that are only available through the use of a “cookie”.
• If you choose to buy on the Website, we collect information about your buying behavior.
• We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of and access to our sites, applications, services and tools and to help us personalize and improve your experience:
information we collect automatically
• When you visit our sites, use our applications, services, and tools or interact with our advertising or content, we automatically collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or any other access devices. This information is associated with you personally only when you sign in as a registered user and includes but is not limited to:
o device ID or unique identifier, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information,
information you give us
• We collect and store any information you enter on our sites or you provide to us in context of using our sites, applications, services or tools. This may include, but is not limited to:
o information you provide us when registering for an account including email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical contact information;
o Additional information you may provide to us via social media sites or services;
o Transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
o Additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list)
• When you download or use our Mobile Applications or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location based services, such as advertising, search results and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s setting’s menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
information from other sources
• We may receive or collect supplemental information about you from third parties sources and add it to our account information. This may include, but is not limited to, demographic, user behaviour, navigation information, additional contact information, credit check information and additional information about you from credit bureaus or other sources, as permitted by law.
use of demographic/profile data
/ Your information
• We use personal information to provide the services you request. To the extent we use your personal information to market to you, we will provide you the ability to opt-out of such uses. We use your personal information to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; collect money; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
• In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyse behaviour, demographic and profile data about our users’ activity on our Website.
• We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
information sharing and registration
with social media website
• We offer sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to access the Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. site or related sites. We also offer services that allow you to share information with third party social media websites such as Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter and others.
use of personal information
• Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with access to our sites and/or use of our services, applications and tools, provide you with requested customer service and relevant information about your account and our services and to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
• provide you access to our sites and the services and customer support that you may request;
• prevent, detect, and investigate, fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our User Agreement;
• customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
• contact you, either via email or telephone, to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems with your account or our sites, services, applications or tools or for other purposes authorized by law;
• contact you either via email or telephone to inform you about our services and those of our corporate family, deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
• compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties;
• provide you other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
• We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
• If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
our disclosure of your information
• We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd., if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
• meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
• enforce applicable terms of Service including investigation of potential violations.
• detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
• protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd., our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
we may also share your
personal information with:
• Service providers and contractors under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud, investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, website operations, website development and co-branded credit cards).
• Other Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. users, whether located in your country of residence or outside of your country of residence, as authorized by you or your use of our sites, services, applications or tools. For example, where you are involved in a transaction with another user, the other user may view your email address and request and obtain your contact information and postal address to help complete the transaction;
• Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to send information when using a specific service).
• Law enforcement, governmental agencies or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history and/or anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
• Credit bureaus with which we may report information about your account, including information on late payments, missed payments or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.
• Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
using information from
lawrence & Mayo (i) Pvt. Ltd.
• Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions and collect payments. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users’ contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other’s name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
you agree to use user information
• Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
• using services offered through Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. (such as escrow, shipping, and fraud complaints), or
• other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
no spam, spyware or spoofing
• We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mails) without their express consent. To report Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. related spam or spoof emails to Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd., please forward the email to Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community, we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
accessing, reviewing and changing
your personal Information
• Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters and do not disclose your Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. and change your password.
• You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to the website. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information, if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon your request, your account will be deactivated and we will remove your personal information from the website as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. However, after deactivation, we do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. User Agreement and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
how we protect your personal information
• We work hard to protect Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
• Our website uses SSL technology.
• We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
• We restrict access to personal information to Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted by law.
• We use encryption (HTTPS/TLS) to protect data transmitted to and from our site. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, so we can’t guarantee security. You use the service at your own risk, and you’re responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your data. For security of transactions, we use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts any personal information you enter on our site. The encryption process protects your information, by scrambling it before it is sent to us from your computer.
• As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
• Contents of this website may not be reproduced partially or fully, without due permission from Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. If referred to as a part of another website, the source must be appropriately acknowledged. The contents of this website can not be used in any misleading or objectionable context.
• At many places in this Website, you shall find links to other websites/portals. This links have been placed for your convenience. Lawrence and Mayo (I) Pvt. Ltd. is not responsible for the contents and reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in them. Mere presence of the link or its listing on this website should not be assumed as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over availability of linked pages.